It's the middle of winter and you have that beautiful swimming pool sitting in your backyard. You daydream about the coming summer months when you can start enjoying it again. You keep your pool maintained all year, so you should be able to use it all year. If you think you can only enjoy your swimming pool during the summer, you're missing out on a lot of fun times. Here are a few ideas to help you enjoy your swimming pool all year round.
S'mores are the perfect way to enjoy a camp fire. Make that campfire around your pool, and you'll feel like you're sitting next to a lake in the middle of winter. You don't even have to have a real campfire. Here's an easy way to create your own personal fire pits.
Supplies You'll Need
- Clay pots
- Tin foil
- Charcoal briquettes
- Lighter fluid
- Graham crackers
- Chocolate bars
- Metal prongs
- Line your clay pots with tin foil.
- Fill the pots with charcoal briquettes.
- Douse the charcoal with a small amount of lighter fluid.
- Light the charcoal.
- Place your marshmallows on prongs and melt them over the fire.
- Put them in between your graham crackers and chocolate bars.
- Enjoy your backyard s'mores
Fireflies On The Water
If you're going to have an outdoor party but don't know what to do with the pool, turn it into a dazzling display of fireflies. Your guests will love the look of the fireflies as they dance across the water.
Supplies You'll Need
- Various sizes of clear glass jars with lids
- Glow sticks
- Take the lids off your jars.
- Break open the glow sticks and carefully pour the contents into the open jars.
- Add a handful of glitter to each jar.
- Put the lid back on the jar and shake well.
- Place the jars in the pool to float.
- The glitter will glow and the water will make the jars dance.
Wet Suit Volley Ball Or Water Polo
Does your family love to play volley ball or water polo during the summer? You don't have to give up those sports just because the weather gets cold. If you have access to wet suits, the kind you wear to surf or snorkel, throw them on and jump in the water. The wetsuits will protect you from the cold while you and your family enjoy your pool in the winter.
Don't let your pool go to waste just because the weather got cold. You can use these fun ideas to enjoy your pool all year long.